Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Any idea on how to avoid JPEG compression?

Any idea on how to avoid JPEG compression?

Isaac Apolinario-PPSG
Joined in March 2017
Posted 28 March 2017 - 03:01 CET

I only had one photo accepted in the database but the others keep on getting rejected due to JPEG compression.I first resize the pic in photoshop then edit in lightroom.I appreciate it if you comment ways on how to improve my images.Thank you so much for your help

Tony Thomas
Joined in January 2017
Posted 29 March 2017 - 16:04 CET

Try to reduce the number of times you save your image during processing. What software are you using?

Alexander Babashov 

Joined in June 2012
Posted 31 March 2017 - 15:22 CET

The RAW processing takes place in 16bit and there are no problems. The problem occurs when the saved in jpeg. Smooth gradients strongly contract because jpeg has only 8bit. Partial solution may be the addition of noise but in the sky noise can become another problem. Noise masks compression problems. I do not know the 100% way to solve the problem. It is always an attempt to find a balance in the right ratio of noise.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1504 (20 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.