Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Submitter of "image requests" deviates from agreement... now what?

Submitter of "image requests" deviates from agreement... now what?

Jeff Hargis
Joined in April 2011
Posted 13 June 2012 - 20:46 CET

I recently received an image request via this site and was more than happy to accommodate the user's needs. He wanted to use an image for his business website. I was in the middle of a host of other projects so rather than add to my already hectic schedule and drag out the process, I simply offered a reduced size of the image for use on the condition that a "photo by line" accompany the image. He agreed. Well, I visited his site and the image is used twice (on two different pages) and neither includes a "photo by line." Anyone have any suggestions? My wife is an attorney but I'd hate to drag this out down that road.

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 13 June 2012 - 21:57 CET

I would give him three options:

1 - Take down the images

2 - Add the 'photo by line' as per your agreement

3 - Sent him a bill for its use. Prices here

Jeff Hargis
Joined in April 2011
Posted 14 June 2012 - 19:25 CET

Thanks for the reply. I think I will do exactly as you have outlined but also include a time frame. I don't want to be a jerk about it. I thought I'd be nice to help a start-up company but my generosity is being taken advantage of. Lesson learned. Thanks again.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1702 (46 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.