Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » Is "eye catcher" forbidden term in AP comments???

Is "eye catcher" forbidden term in AP comments???

Boytronic 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 3 August 2018 - 22:04 CET

Checked AP this morning and saw beautiful pic by Jetzguy and left my comment "more than an eye catcher, simply beautiful" but my comment was never published. I can see that Ricardo Hebmüller and Roman N. left their comments to same photo but hours after and those were published. I wonder why is "eye catcher" taboo term on AP and should not be mentioned?? Who gets offended by that? Don' t you find it childish....?

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 3 August 2018 - 22:12 CET

I Left a comment some days ago saying “for me this is an eyecatcher” and it never was published! :-(

Boytronic 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 3 August 2018 - 22:18 CET

That explains it....eye catcher means that somenting catches my attention visually. Doesn't suggest editors that it should be EC - "editor's choice" although it's the same initials.

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 3 August 2018 - 22:24 CET

Yes, but still doesnt understanding why they are not shown, it is only a pretty way to say that I like the photo.

Lako noch ;-)

Jetzguy 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 4 August 2018 - 00:20 CET

Thanks for the comment Boytronic! Much appreciated bud. I am glad you liked the photo.

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 4 August 2018 - 01:31 CET

I remember seeing in old forums something related to the fact that as an "Eyecatcher" is a feature eligible only by Senior Editors' choice, AP members should refrain from using this term in their comments.

PrestonFiedler

Joined in June 2014
Posted 4 August 2018 - 07:22 CET

Slightly related, but Jetz, that shot of the Jayhawk you uploaded recently is fantastic. I take it you were able to get on base. For that I envy you, but lovely shot mate; well done!

Jetzguy 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 4 August 2018 - 08:14 CET

I was holding onto the Coast Guard fence line over San Diego harbour to take that shot actually. A decent lens and some good luck with his flight path resulted in a nice photo. Thanks for the kind comment Preston.

Boytronic 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 4 August 2018 - 08:43 CET

24 hours later my comment still don't appear and some new got published. Back to Dark ages.. .

Anyway, I will take my chance to comment here on forum that this pic by Jetzguy IMO is simply wonderful, catched my eye with beautiful scenery, nice edit, it is really something I would put on som magazin cover or better yet fold. Well done Jetz!! You got yorself a BC - Boytronic's choice ;)

https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/1092373/c-gvix-vancouver-island-air-de-havilland-canada-dhc-3-otter/

Jetzguy 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 4 August 2018 - 16:43 CET

A BC....Wow! Only the best! Lol. Thanks my friend.

Richard Parkhouse 
Joined in June 2011
Posted 4 August 2018 - 17:12 CET

And an RPC to add to the B.C.!!

Jetzguy 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 4 August 2018 - 22:07 CET

LOL. You guys are funny. ;-)

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1332 (77 members)
© 2006-2018 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.