Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » Is "eye catcher" forbidden term in AP comments???

Is "eye catcher" forbidden term in AP comments???

Boytronic 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 3 August 2018 - 22:04 CET

Checked AP this morning and saw beautiful pic by Jetzguy and left my comment "more than an eye catcher, simply beautiful" but my comment was never published. I can see that Ricardo Hebmüller and Roman N. left their comments to same photo but hours after and those were published. I wonder why is "eye catcher" taboo term on AP and should not be mentioned?? Who gets offended by that? Don' t you find it childish....?

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 3 August 2018 - 22:12 CET

I Left a comment some days ago saying “for me this is an eyecatcher” and it never was published! :-(

Boytronic 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 3 August 2018 - 22:18 CET

That explains it....eye catcher means that somenting catches my attention visually. Doesn't suggest editors that it should be EC - "editor's choice" although it's the same initials.

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 3 August 2018 - 22:24 CET

Yes, but still doesnt understanding why they are not shown, it is only a pretty way to say that I like the photo.

Lako noch ;-)

Jetzguy 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 4 August 2018 - 00:20 CET

Thanks for the comment Boytronic! Much appreciated bud. I am glad you liked the photo.

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 4 August 2018 - 01:31 CET

I remember seeing in old forums something related to the fact that as an "Eyecatcher" is a feature eligible only by Senior Editors' choice, AP members should refrain from using this term in their comments.

PrestonFiedler

Joined in June 2014
Posted 4 August 2018 - 07:22 CET

Slightly related, but Jetz, that shot of the Jayhawk you uploaded recently is fantastic. I take it you were able to get on base. For that I envy you, but lovely shot mate; well done!

Jetzguy 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 4 August 2018 - 08:14 CET

I was holding onto the Coast Guard fence line over San Diego harbour to take that shot actually. A decent lens and some good luck with his flight path resulted in a nice photo. Thanks for the kind comment Preston.

Boytronic 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 4 August 2018 - 08:43 CET

24 hours later my comment still don't appear and some new got published. Back to Dark ages.. .

Anyway, I will take my chance to comment here on forum that this pic by Jetzguy IMO is simply wonderful, catched my eye with beautiful scenery, nice edit, it is really something I would put on som magazin cover or better yet fold. Well done Jetz!! You got yorself a BC - Boytronic's choice ;)

https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/1092373/c-gvix-vancouver-island-air-de-havilland-canada-dhc-3-otter/

Jetzguy 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 4 August 2018 - 16:43 CET

A BC....Wow! Only the best! Lol. Thanks my friend.

Richard Parkhouse 
Joined in June 2011
Posted 4 August 2018 - 17:12 CET

And an RPC to add to the B.C.!!

Jetzguy 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 4 August 2018 - 22:07 CET

LOL. You guys are funny. ;-)

Dominik Kauer 

Joined in May 2016
Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:01 CET

Looks like this site is supporting censorship. About 24 hours ago I wrote a critique comment to a photo of a screener. Wasn't published so far. EVERYONE here should deal with critique and this site should be openminded as long as comments aren't offensive / aggressive.

Ricardo Hebmüller 

Joined in August 2014
Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:48 CET

In leadership or in human resources management we always learn that aplauses are public while critiques are in private.

Furthermore a critique is only welcome when it is complete in its meaning, that is pointing the good aspects and showing paths to correct or improve the aspects that should become better.

Of course I do not know what you have written, even so from time to time I myself have some comments that are not published. Then I realize that what I wrote in good faith could lead to misunderstandings and close some doors in our aviation spotting world.

Best regards.

Dominik Kauer 

Joined in May 2016
Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:48 CET

Ricardo, I totally agree! My father always told me "the real "message" a message includes, occurs in the listeners ear".

But on some points I disagree, because ap doesn't give the opportunity to contact others private you have to critique in public.

My comment was something like "Your photo got photobombed by some cables" - might not be the best message as it is open how the reader interprets it. Despite the fact that a screener should know that he himself would reject such a picture for sure...

Piotr Bieluszewski 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 28 December 2018 - 15:25 CET

You're wrong. AP gives you the opportunity to contact other photographers because most of them have an email address on their profile. In this case it has just been so, and you could write directly to him, not public.

Dominik Kauer 

Joined in May 2016
Posted 28 December 2018 - 15:52 CET

But this does not append to every case. For example I could not contact you. Anyway, might do this the next time.

Gerard van Oostrom 
Joined in December 2012
Posted 29 December 2018 - 15:28 CET

@Dominik, you can also make contact with a photografer by using the button "request photo usage" under the photo.

Dominik Kauer 

Joined in May 2016
Posted 29 December 2018 - 15:43 CET

@Gerard that's true, thanks! But I think it's not the ideal solution as requests are marked as spam at least in gmail's inbox and as for that I do not see them except I have a look into the spam folder.

In the end no one was able to tell my why my comment was rejected. Would appreciate a feedback from ap - also possible in "private mode".

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1521 (20 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.