Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Aviation photography » Pictures from AP on Air Austral Facebook page.

Pictures from AP on Air Austral Facebook page.

Tom Knops 

Joined in May 2017
Posted 25 October 2018 - 22:34 CET

Hello everyone,

randomly I was really suprised, because I found my own picture (https://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/1019826/f-olrc-air-austral-boeing-787-8-dreamliner/) on Air Australs FB page, I was suprised, because I never got an e-mail from them, where they asked me for the permission. And not only my picture is their, also 4 other photos from AP, and other planespotting pages. Does anyone know, if it´s legally for them, to just post the photos me and other´s made, without mentioning the name or even without any permission?

Greetings, Tom Knops

Air Austral Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AirAustral/

Ray Abela 

Head admin
Joined in July 2009
Posted 26 October 2018 - 07:51 CET

Take a look here

https://www.politico.eu/article/ecj-photographer-permission-ruling/

Ray

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 26 October 2018 - 08:23 CET

They must pay you, Tom!

Dominik Kauer 

Joined in May 2016
Posted 26 October 2018 - 08:45 CET

Just to make this clear: the pictures are posted on a NON OFFICIAL Air Austral facebook site!

And it even might be grey zone because your name is visible on the botom left corner. Try to talk with the page owner.

Boytronic 

Joined in March 2015
Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:04 CET

Contact Facebook ASAP, make a report. They are very strict about copyrighted contents. Most probably they will remove that page for good. (had a lot of similar situations and every time facebook did as requested)

Tom Knops 

Joined in May 2017
Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:19 CET

Hello,

thank you for the quick replies, I will first contact the others and then just report the site.

Greetings, Tom

Dennis van de Watering
Joined in December 2015
Posted 26 October 2018 - 17:12 CET

I don't actually think that in this case it'll be illegal because your name is still visible in the left down corner, as well as the name of AP.net in the right corner. But let's see how facebook will look at it. Maybe i'm wrong.

Philippe Ardin 
Joined in January 2017
Posted 27 October 2018 - 15:51 CET

No commercial or business purpose, the author and editor are visible... just a good advertising for you and AP...I'm afraid... Sorry...

Let's see facebook's reaction...

Philippe Ardin 
Joined in January 2017
Posted 27 October 2018 - 15:56 CET

PS : AP's watermarks are useful, aren't they ?

Philipp Goretzka 

Joined in November 2014
Posted 27 October 2018 - 15:59 CET

HI Tom

Ich denke auch, dass es für dich nur eine Art "gute Werbung" ist. Warum die zwingen das Bild runter zu nehmen? Die werden dir ja sowieso kein Geld geben. Ich würde das einfach gut sein lassen.

Schöne Grüße

DUB_Spotter 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:20 CET

Does anyone know where I can get a photo theft and used on a site without my consent? I contacted that company but did not want to answer when I told them they had to pay for it.

DUB_Spotter 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:24 CET

In a first step, i have one answer.

With regards your mail below , please be advise SX-ABE A319 belongs to Olympus Airways S.A , the site is the Olympus Airways official site. With regards your consent it is not required as the aircraft belongs to our company.

Philippe Ardin 
Joined in January 2017
Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:04 CET

The question is always complicated : on the one hand you are not supposed to publish for money their logos and trademarks, appearing on the aircraft, without their permission, on the other hand they are not supposed to publish your photos without your permission ... The minimum would be to credit the author on their site : "photo by...".

And don't forget watermarks...

DUB_Spotter 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:41 CET

@Philippe Ardin

The problem is different. The aircraft had no inscription. Posing at a public airport does not require permission to fly an airplane or another regardless of the inscription. The photo stolen by the company had a watermark added, just that they made a crop so as to take out watermarks, and besides, they changed the image by inscribing in Photoshop a logo that would appear to their aircraft. If you want.

I'll give you examples. Here are the examples, in the first link found the modified picture on their website, and in the aviation site my initial image.

https://www.olympusairways.gr/a319-132.html?fbclid=IwAR3J7H_l9Ogbp2tfld97PO0qQxXKaltAjX_z3r5UDKfKZWe2yF21soEJk_s

https://www.planespotters.net/photo/699178/sx-abe-olympus-airways-airbus-a319-132

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 28 October 2018 - 14:06 CET

PD: It looks really poor the edit made by Olympic Airlines. LOL

DUB_Spotter 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 29 October 2018 - 19:43 CET

I sent another mail and told them that if they did not respond to clarifying the situation. I asked 200 euros for using my picture two year ago. If not, they will pay thousands of euros for lawyers, court fees and moral damages.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1511 (20 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.