Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Airports & photo locations » Looking some info on Spotters Days

Looking some info on Spotters Days

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 18 November 2018 - 14:48 CET

Hi guys,

I know over the years quite a few of you have been involved in spotter days at various airports around Europe. I was just wondering if you could tell me how the actually day plays out? How long do they last? Are you given a spot near the runway for shooting? Are you allowed anywhere near the apron. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

Adrian Duna 

Joined in March 2017
Posted 21 November 2018 - 22:06 CET

Hello Michael

If it counts for you I have been on a special tour for spotters back in january this year.

We went on a 2 hour apron tour and got to spot aircrafts from the apron.

Else I haven't really been involved in official spotter days anywhere near my home airport Zurich.

Hope I could help a little.

Regards,

Adrian

Michael Carbery 

Joined in June 2008
Posted 22 November 2018 - 10:30 CET

Many thanks Adrian. I was on one at our local airport last week - it was a first for the airport and they are looking some feedback so I'm just wondering how it compared to others around Europe. It sounds like ours was something similar to yours - we were bussed around the apron and stopped off a couple of times. We then stopped off along the runway and shot some of the aircraft arriving/departing.

Oliver Louis

Joined in January 2015
Posted 22 November 2018 - 20:06 CET

We also have a few spotter days per year in frankfurt. It is very well managed and every tour is different. Mostly we get to see parked aircrafts in the south of the airport where we can take some close-up shots, sometimes a follow-me car is guiding us on the taxiway to a spot between the runways (for take-off and landing aircrafts). Visiting an aircraft from inside is for sure the icing on the cake :)

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1535 (16 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.