Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Civil aviation » Canon 90D and focus issues

Canon 90D and focus issues

Marek Horák 

Joined in October 2016
Posted 4 January 2020 - 17:07 CET

Hi, I wonder if it's worth to upgrade from 80D to 90D. Atm I'm having some issues about focus when using my 70-200/2,8 II, when some of my shots are soft or blurry. Maybe upgrade might help me. Anyone there, using the 90D or has a same problem as I have ? I will be glad for any advice. Thank you and happy new year to you all! :)

Lien Savo G. S. 

Joined in February 2017
Posted 27 March 2020 - 22:10 CET

Hello!

I'm a Nikon user but, maybe those issues happen when you set the f/ number very low (F/2.8-f/3.5...or similar) or when you just shot with the VR is still starting to work? In some lens, when you set the f/ number very close to the most open aperture a lens can offer the image is blurry and soft. If this happens, just set the f/ number between f/6.3 and f/9 (this deppend, of course ). Hope this helps you.

And also, I don't think it's worth to buy a 90D of you already have an 80D unless you sell the 80D and use the money to buy the 90D.

Regards! Lien Savo.

Vaibhav Shah 

Joined in June 2013
Posted 12 August 2020 - 15:24 CET

Hi Marek!

Before you buy 90D, go to a Canon service center and get your lens' calibration checked. Few months ago I was out spotting and I had similar issues with my 24-105 F4 L lens. Either the shots were soft/blurry or the nose was in focus and tail out of focus. You could be facing the same issue.

So I would suggest you to get your lens checked before buying a new body.

David Augsburger 

Joined in February 2016
Posted 24 January 2022 - 21:31 CET

I use the M6 mk II which is almost like the 90D and it gets even worse. Because of the high mp on the small sensor you also get a lot of noise even at low iso.

I would definetely recommend to go for Fullframe 6D Mk II / Canon R or R6

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1594 (17 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.