Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Help with bad weather photo edit

Help with bad weather photo edit

Jakub Macillis 
Joined in April 2011
Posted 5 September 2012 - 11:46 CET

Good day,

I want to ask for help with the photo edit, if I can. I was at the airport and there was VC10, I took the photo of the take-off, but getting rejected at several sites (A-P.net still in queue :-) ) because of a contrast and darkness. I tried to edit several times, but everytime I failed. Could some one help me how to edit the photo? I have Gimp and Zoner photo editor.

Thank you very much

James

This post has been edited by Jakub Macillis on 5th September 2012 - 11:47

Attached photos:

Wallace Shackleton 

Joined in February 2007
Posted 5 September 2012 - 13:19 CET

However, while not being able to use Gimp these days, you'll get a rough idea of what to do from this.

Call up the Levels Palate.

Adjust the slider at the right in towards the start of the Histogram (This shows how badly under exposed your photo is as the right hand of the Histogram should be well over to the right)

I would not normally suggest this but calling up an Auto Colour Correct function if you have it certainly make the image look better

Give it a rotation to make the red and white tower vertical, something like 0.6 degree

I would suggest cropping the image size down to 1024x682 and give it a lot of sharpening.

Adding a note to the screener that it was taken on a grotty day may help but ultimately this may be one for your "album."

This post has been edited by Wallace Shackleton on 5th September 2012 - 13:19

Jakub Macillis 
Joined in April 2011
Posted 6 September 2012 - 12:58 CET

Thank you very much, I will try to do something with it, but you are right about my "album". At least something, before the phase them out.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1551 (17 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.