Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Photo feedback » Too sharp and not sharp enough

Too sharp and not sharp enough

Kenneth. K 

Joined in August 2011
Posted 28 October 2012 - 22:04 CET

Sorry if this topic has been covered here many times before, but that does not help me now.

Images are rejected for some time to the topic above frequently!

How do I sharpen the best pictures for this page? Perhaps the Sreener answer this question!

The photo below was just too sharp and now it is not sharp.

Thanks for your answers!

This post has been edited by Martin Krupka on 19th July 2014 - 22:56

Attached photos:

Emanuel Linert 

Joined in March 2009
Posted 28 October 2012 - 22:18 CET

Hi,

I'm not a screener but the image is definitely oversharpened. Generally speaking, the quality of the photo is not the best, maybe try it in a smaller size, 1024*683 for example.

Cheers

Emanuel

Wallace Shackleton 

Joined in February 2007
Posted 28 October 2012 - 22:26 CET

If you are unhappy at the screening decision then the first course of action would be to appeal the decision.

Kenneth. K 

Joined in August 2011
Posted 28 October 2012 - 22:46 CET

The selected image is not sharp enough!

At 18 megapixels, the image is in my eyes, it's sharp! Quality is very good!

My experience is that any different from the image screener rated! On other pages, I rarely problems!

R.Kellenaers-Photography 

Joined in January 2012
Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:09 CET

The photo a shown has no sharpness issues as far as I concern.

But does have another issue... and that is the white is over exposed.... there are no details in it.

Sharpness is o.k. to me.

Martin Krupka 

Founder
Joined in July 2006
Posted 29 October 2012 - 20:12 CET

Hi Kenneth,

Firstly the photo uploaded into this forum is compressed a bit so some quality was lost on upload. I checked the picture that you uploaded into the DB and I would have pointed out the sharpness issue as well is I had screened it.

Generally speaking, we see very often photos that are unsharp and oversharpened at the same time. The original picture that comes out of the camera is usually soft for some reason (motion blur or being out of focus). The photographer then tries to sharpen it up more than usual and the result is soft photo with white halo around the edges.

Martin

This post has been edited by Martin Krupka on 30th October 2012 - 05:39

Kenneth. K 

Joined in August 2011
Posted 29 October 2012 - 21:15 CET

Hi Martin,

thanks for your answer!

I will have to have to get used to the conditions here that not everything will be accepted, even if the quality is right. At the moment, the here Sreener fussy or the standard has become too high.

Unfortunately, you can not shoot perfect pictures of airplanes, because we are dependent on nature always. Airplanes are not models, which can be in the perfect light to shoot in the studio.

Regards

Kenneth. K

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1542 (18 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.