Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » Links in photo description (aircraft, operator etc.)

Links in photo description (aircraft, operator etc.)

Jakub Nanowski 

Joined in September 2011
Posted 17 April 2016 - 18:18 CET

Hi everyone!

I have noticed that you changed the description appearance. I mean - the links to Aircraft, Operator, Airport etc. They used to look like photograpger name right now. Currently the titles are highlighted with a yellow bold font. The titles are non-clickable, there is a (more) link instead.

On one hand I personally like the new appearance, they bring out the most important info about the photo. On the other hand I have some doubts about the (more) link. It brings a lot of mess to the description.

Maybe the best solution will be to bring the old way of links back (you simply click the title to open related photos) but with the new way of display (yellow bold font) ? Guys, what do you think about that?

Cheers!

Martin Krupka 

Founder
Joined in July 2006
Posted 17 April 2016 - 19:25 CET

Hi Jakub,

It is just a test for about a month. If it is worth we will keep it, if not we will revert back.

Martin

Manuel Domínguez 

Joined in March 2014
Posted 17 April 2016 - 22:29 CET

Agree with Jakub and his suggestion, "old style" links with yellow (or any other colour) bold font. The new appearance adds 3 words in the middle of the information, where in my opinion they shouldn't be. For example, instead of reading "Boeing - 777-300", now you see "Boeing (more) - 777-300", the first one is a more natural and comfortable way of reading. Of course I can't speak for everyone in here, but for me is a bit annoying.

Cheers.

Maurits E 

Joined in November 2012
Posted 18 April 2016 - 06:00 CET

I agree with Jakub and Manuel!

Cheers.

Kuba Balcerski 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 18 April 2016 - 19:26 CET

Whole idea with the links is good, but it's still missing one thing I am looking for at every aviation gallery - searching through photos by camera type. Of course, it rules out every shot without Exif information included, but I still think you should feature that.

Oliver Louis

Joined in January 2015
Posted 18 April 2016 - 21:08 CET

What about highlighting the photographers name too?

Jakub Nanowski 

Joined in September 2011
Posted 18 April 2016 - 21:19 CET

Agree with Oliver :)

Martin Krupka 

Founder
Joined in July 2006
Posted 18 April 2016 - 21:52 CET

Done, please be aware that the test is only temporary.

Dennis van de Watering
Joined in December 2015
Posted 21 April 2016 - 18:14 CET

Maybe highlight the camera model will also be very nice and helpful. ie. if you highlight ''Canon 60D'' , people who are planning to buy a new camera could see the performance of the camera such as high ISO quality

Oliver Louis

Joined in January 2015
Posted 21 April 2016 - 23:01 CET

Highlighting too much will make it confusing.

Jose I. Soria 

Joined in April 2014
Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:32 CET

I think that the old version was better too, easier to navigate around the page.

Jan Jasinski 

Joined in November 2010
Posted 22 April 2016 - 15:40 CET

The highlights don't look good imo. It's too bold and out of context near the regular text. The concept itself is good, but perhaps change the font color and only apply it to the hyperlinks.

Matt Reynolds 

Joined in December 2015
Posted 22 April 2016 - 15:48 CET

Im going to throw the cat amongst the pigeons here and say that actually I like it, It looks fresh and the Black and Yellow work well for me (Wonder why - LOL)!

Keep up the changes Martin and Team, glad to see you are keeping it Fresh ;)

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1485 (18 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.