Airplane Pictures home

Home » Forums » Site-related » Bombardier CSeries, Airbus A220

Bombardier CSeries, Airbus A220

Andrin Würsch 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 15 July 2018 - 23:57 CET

Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about the Bombardier CSeries renaming lately and I thought I'd bring this up as a topic here. I've asked myself if the CSeries should get renamed here on A-P.net aswell, as nothing has happened until now here and also whether the A220-100/300 should get added as a "new" aircraft or if the existing CSeries should get renamed.

What do you think about this?

Jetzguy 

Joined in July 2016
Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:29 CET

I would go for new aircraft for any new deliveries. It saves a huge job for the screeners changing all the CSeries all over to the Airbus model. It also leaves these jets correctly named for the period they were the only ones flying. Since Airbus has taken over they should go under the new names for deliveries from now on.

IMHO as a Canadian supporter of our very cool jets :-)

Kuba Balcerski 

Joined in January 2016
Posted 16 July 2018 - 16:22 CET

I don't know if it was officially clarified by Airbus but Flightradar24 changed the name to Airbus A220-100/300 very shortly after the official event few days ago - even for already delivered aircraft. (although the BCS1/BCS3 codes weren't changed).

I think they have reliable sources and they wouldn't do such thing if they weren't certain about that.

Dominik Kauer 

Joined in May 2016
Posted 16 July 2018 - 21:45 CET

At the moment the Bombardier CS100/CS300 Series is listed at the official ICAO homepage. But take care, as the lists last update was on the 22 June. The next update will take place on the 20 July.

https://www.icao.int/publications/DOC8643/Pages/Search.aspx

You have to be patient to get all records loaded.

I would go for Jetzguy's suggestion - because the already delivered aircraft ARE Bombardier CS100/CS300 and aren't built nor developed nor improved by Airbus.

Jump to the top

Terms and Conditions | About | FAQ | Photo Use | Privacy Policy | Online 1546 (38 members)
© 2006-2024 Airplane-Pictures.net | E-mail us: Team@Airplane-Pictures.net
All photos are copyright © to their respective photographers and may not be used without permission.